Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

Earring Organization

I am awful about losing earrings.  They eventually hurt my ears and I take them out in the car and leave them in the door handle cup or I forget to take them out of my ears before bed and I leave them on my nightstand and I knock them on the floor and someone ends up eating them (I'm just assuming).  Well I've been doing better about keeping up with my smaller earrings (the ones I lose more anyways) since I started keeping them in these: 

It's a bead holder from Walmart to organize seed beads. 

It comes with 24 of these little individual boxes.  I put one pair of earrings out (you have to take the whole top off, not just the flip up dispenser part) and when I wear the earrings I take the box with me.  Then the idea is that I will put them BACK in the box if I get tired of wearing them during the day and then proceed to NOT lose the box. :) Okay, it's not fool-proof yet, but work with me. 

Today, I decided to make them prettier. I cut out some scrapbook paper to fit the top and sides and hot glued the paper in there (just a tiny drop of hot glue in each corner). I'm sure there's a better way, but the glue gun was nearby and I'm feeling awfully lazy today.

Here is what it looks like when it's *mostly* filled with earrings.

Voila!

 (the second one is completely empty)

If you need a laugh...here ya go: Today one of my kindergartners was looking at a coloring page of Martin Luther King Jr. and pretending to "read" the coloring page to me..and it read, "Martin Luther King Jr. was the first African American to discover white people."   I about lost it! Bless his heart, he was so sincere about it too. I love children.

Check out my sidebar to see where I link up!

9 comments:

  1. Oh what an awesome idea! My girls are always losing their earrings (then asking me to replace them)!

    My twins will start Kindergarten in the Fall...they do say the funniest things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How smart is that!? I love it. I keep all my earrings in one spot but they sure aren't organized. I love organization so I'm going to have to do this.

    http://itsybitsypaper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to keep up with earrings! So much better than my current method of dumping them all together in a little container & having to dig through them to find a match. So funny about your student. I have a kindergartener so I know what you mean! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT idea! I need to go get one of these today! I would love for you to link up to my Ten Buck Tuesday link parties!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so nice to take something simple and practical and make it unique and pretty! Just makes your day better. great idea.
    xo,
    Sena

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a good idea - it's such cute storage! :)

    Tnx so much for linking this up at my party too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the great idea. Earrings are the one piece of jewelry that I manage to wear a lot of. Great to always be reminded of which ones are in your stash! Easy to see them all at once.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic idea! love this :)

    ReplyDelete