Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2011

$4 Spring Centerpiece

I've decided this is a "spring" centerpiece rather than Easter since Easter is next week :) Eggs are spring, right?
Take some cheap plastic eggs...
 Decoupage some book pages on them with watered down Modge Podge.  Through trial and error I learned stripes about 2" x 1/2" worked best and I just haphazardly put the strips on loosely and then squeezed the whole egg to form the paper to the egg...sorry that didn't make any sense, moving on...
 I forgot to take a "before" picture of the pots I used.  These for 2/$1 at Target.
 Crumpled up some paper in the bottom for filler...
Then laid a piece of burlap-ish fabric on top and add eggs! 

The runner is an old drop cloth I had.
 I just love them all lined up!

Drop cloth runner = free (already had)
Pots = $3
Eggs = $1
Burlap = free (already had)
Total: $4

Not too shabby!


No comments:

Post a Comment